Every thought you have is NOT your choice, but what you do with every thought IS your choice.
Or, as Martin Luther said, "You cannot keep birds from flying over your head, but you can keep them from building a nest in your hair.”
The plethora of opinions and commentary being shared 24/7 right now is creating so much noise. But we all have a choice. While we cannot control the thoughts that pop into our heads, we can control what we do with those thoughts.
As you grow your speaking business, it's very important to carefully choose what thoughts you dwell on. In this episode, I share what I'm choosing to do with my thoughts. I hope these ideas help you choose wisely.
An Inside Look at This Episode:
Here are four DOs and DON'Ts I'm practicing to help me process my life and speaking business during the Coronavirus pandemic.
1) DO stay informed. DON'T ingest.
2) DO stay engaged. DON'T debate.
3) DO stay realistically optimistic. DON'T be overly pessimistic.
4) DO live it forward. DON'T listen to all the predictions about the future (they're nothing but guesses anyway).
- 9 Ways to Get Paid as a Speaker
- 5 Keys to Creating a Speech That Pays
- Got questions? Submit them here
- First Paid Speech online course and community ($99/cancel at any time)
- Paid to Speak Conference and Killer Keynote Conference
Thank You for Listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Also, share it by using the social media buttons at the top or bottom of this post.
Until next time, continue to move from #DREAMtoDO as a speaker.