15. NOW is the BEST TIME to Start a Business as a Speaker
Now is the BEST TIME to Start a Business as a Speaker
During the past several days, I've had three different conversations with people asking: "Why would anyone want to start a speaking business right now?" The idea behind this question is: If travel is shut down and no one is hiring speakers because of Coronavirus, why would anyone want to start a speaking business right now?
As the saying goes, "The best time to start a business is yesterday. The second best time is today." Well, I believe that right now is actually an amazing time to start a speaking business. Here's why...
An Inside Look at This Episode:
Why This is a Great Time to Start Your Speaking Business
1) There is no pressure
2) You have more time
- You have a longer "runway"
3) It's easier to stand out
- The competition "true colors" come out
- A great opportunity to serve before selling
4) The marketplace will be less crowded
What Steps You Can Take to Start Your Speaking Business
1) Pick your topic
2) Shape your brand
3) Work on your craft — develop your signature speech
5) Serve decision-makers with no strings attached
- 9 Ways to Get Paid as a Speaker
- 5 Keys to Creating a Speech That Pays
- Got questions? Submit them here
- Paid to Speak Conference and Killer Keynote Conference
Thank You for Listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Also, share it by using the social media buttons at the top or bottom of this post.
Until next time, continue to move from #DREAMtoDO as a speaker.