The #1 question I am being asked during the COVID-19 crisis is: what are you doing RIGHT NOW to build your speaking business?
The truth is, even in times like this when we are facing the coronavirus pandemic, there are steps you can take to build your speaking business.
In fact, as the world slows down, a great question to ask yourself is: what does this make possible? You might discover you've been given a gift—the gift of time to build your speaking business.
In this episode, I share how to build a speaking business RIGHT NOW.
An Inside Look at This Episode:
New Speakers — Build Your Foundation
1) Build your speaker website
- Home page
- About page
- Speaking page
- Resource page
- Contact page
- Resource: WordPress Theme I use to build ALL my websites
2) Build your contact list
- Find decision-makers
- Search other speakers' websites for clues
- Resource: First Paid Speech Online Course
3) Work on your presentation
Established Speakers — Build Your Brand
1) Post brand-specific ideas and tips on social media
2) Provide high-value solutions for clients and prospects, but keep things simple and avoid asking for business
3) If decision-makers want more, offer virtual training options, but do not give your services away for free
- 9 Ways to Get Paid as a Speaker
- 5 Keys to Creating a Speech That Pays
- First Paid Speech Online Course
- Killer Keynote Conference
Thank You for Listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Also, share it by using the social media buttons at the top or bottom of this post.
Until next time, continue to move from #DREAMtoDO as a speaker.