If you want to be a speaker, you'll probably start speaking as a side hustle.
What is a side hustle? It's any kind of work you do in addition to your full-time job. It's more than a hobby because a hobby is primarily done for enjoyment. The purpose of a side hustle, in large part, is to create an additional stream of revenue.
In this episode, Kent shares 5 reasons you will love speaking as a side hustle.
An Inside Look at This Episode:
Second Episode in a 3-Part Series on Starting a Side Hustle in Speaking
1) Episode 4: 5 Marketing Reasons Speaking is a Better Side Hustle than Coaching
2) Episode 5: 5 More Reasons to Love Speaking as a Side Hustle
3) Episode 6: 3 Steps You Can Take to Makes Speaking a Side Hustle that Works for You
5 More Reasons to Love Speaking as a Side Hustle
In Episode 4, Kent shared 5 reasons why speaking is a better side job. Each of the reasons in Episode 4 revolved around the Business of Speaking and was specifically about marketing. In this episode, Kent shares 5 reasons to love speaking on the side that are more personal to him.
1) Bigger paychecks from the start
- Variety of travel — both cool and not so cool places are fun to visit
- Short travel — most trips are 24 to 36 hours
- Discover fun places to visit again later with family
3) Develop content that impacts people immediately
- Through marketing, you proactively share your content with decision-makers instead of wondering if anyone has seen your content
- The content you develop can eventually turn into new programs, courses, and even books
4) Grow your tribe, followers, and raving fans
- Speaking is one of the best ways to build an email list
5) Stick-to-it-tiveness is your greatest competitive advantage
- 9 Ways to Get Paid as a Speaker
- Paid to Speak Podcast Launch Contest (Ends March 11, 2020)
- Got questions? Submit them here
- Hey Mic — the Bluetooth microphone specifically designed for smartphone videos
- Paid to Speak Conference and Killer Keynote Conference
Thank You for Listening
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Also, share it by using the social media buttons at the top or bottom of this post.
Until next time, continue to move from #DREAMtoDO as a speaker!