3 Speaker Business Truths That Will Help You Get Booked
In previous episodes, I've shared honestly about how much speaking business I've lost because of the Coronavirus. In Episode 20, I share just as honestly about how much new business I've picked up because of three speaker business truths I practice in my business.
You can practice these truths in your speaker business as well. What's more, these three truths are core to the step-by-step marketing strategy we teach at the Paid to Speak Conference.
An Inside Look at This Episode:
1) Speaking is a RELATIONSHIP business
- Marketing your speaker business is similar to dating with an eye towards marriage
- It's about learning, caring, giving, and serving
- It's about providing solutions even before you get hired
- Marketing your speaker business takes time
- Stick-to-it-tiveness is your greatest competitive advantage
2) Speaking requires NICHING (especially at first)
- You can niche by topic
- You can niche by industry
- You can niche by both
- When you niche by industry, you can get to know decision-makers and get to know when key decisions are made
3) Combining TIMING and YOUR SOLUTIONS is huge to getting booked and paid as a speaker
- Because relationships with decision-makers are built as you provide solutions...
- And because niching allows you to get to know when key decisions are being made...
- You can offer POSITIVE SOLUTIONS at the RIGHT TIME for a profit
Paid to Speak Conference:
- 9 Ways to Get Paid as a Speaker
- 5 Keys to Creating a Speech That Pays
- Got questions? Submit them here
- Paid to Speak Conference and Killer Keynote Conference
Thank You for Listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Also, share it by using the social media buttons at the top or bottom of this post.
Until next time, continue to move from #DREAMtoDO as a speaker.